Research & Development Roadmap
We have an ongoing R&D programme, which is guided by customer requests and the following principles:
- Support open standards to ensure ease of integration and interoperability.
- Provide open development tools that are visual, intuitive and accessible to business people.
- Eliminate the need for programming skills for the majority of authors / developers.
- Support three-tier solution authoring: Contributor, Analyst & Developer.
- Continual increase in ready-made logic to enable fast implementation of powerful solutions.
- Reduce implementation time and cost through inbuilt support for agile delivery methods.
- Browser / device independence of Outreach based solution is delivered by Outreach, saving implementation and maintenance costs especially for public/partner facing solutions.
- Conformance to UK Government requirements & guidelines for putting services online, including Disability Discrimination Act and security requirements.
- Maintain high levels of security with regular expert security testing and hardening.
- Provide support for key Microsoft technologies including SharePoint.
- Continuous improvement based on customer feedback.
- Agile product enhancements can be provided in point releases, where necessary to support specific customer / project needs.
- Point releases fully adopted into major releases to ensure continued maintenance & support for customers.
- Outreach itself is developed using standard Microsoft languages, including C++, C# and VB.NET.